Pre-registration of children eligible for kindergarten in August of current year will be conducted on 1st Tuesday in February of the same year. You may pick up a pre-registration packet from our school office mid January of the same year.
The Kindergarten Readiness Act of 2010, changes the entry date for students enrolling in Kindergarten and first grade. To be eligible for Kindergarten a child must turn five years of age on or before September 1st of enrollment year. Children who turn 5 between September 2nd and December 2nd are eligible to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten (TK). TK children will attend Kindergarten when they complete TK.
ORIENTATION & REGISTRATION
Monday, February 5th at 6pm is the parent orientation meeting in the MUR.
Tuesday, February 6th is Kindergarten registration conducted in the Library. You will be given a registration time slot at the orientation meeting.
Parents should bring the following documents with them:
- an original birth certificate or other official document with proof of the child’s birthdate;
- three original documents to verify where the child resides (one must be a photo ID). Sources may include:
◦ Current Real Estate Tax Bill
◦ Current Monthly Mortgage Statement or Coupon
◦ Signed and Dated Lease or Third Party Affidavit
◦ Current Home/Apartment Insurance Papers
◦ Drivers License and/or State ID
- a written immunization record from a health care provider indicating that all immunization requirements listed below have been met.
- completed school entry physical examination and dental examination.
|Polio (IVP)||Four (4) doses are required at any age. Three (3) doses are acceptable if #3 was given on or after the 4th birthday.|
(Diphtheria / Tetanus / acellular pertussis)
|Five (5) doses are required at any age. Four (4) doses are acceptable if #4 was given on or after the 4th birthday.|
(Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
|Two (2) doses are required; the first dose must be given on or after the first birthday.|
|Hepatitis B(HBV)||Three (3) doses are required at any age.|
|Varicella (VZV)(Chickenpox)||Two (2) doses are required or provider verified “had disease”. Parent verification NOT ACCEPTABLE. First dose must have been given on or after the 1st birthday.|
|Hepatitis A (HAV)||Recommended not required. Two (2) doses 6-18 months apart, after age 1.|
|PHYSICAL EXAMINATION||All TK & Kindergartners need to have a school entry physical examination as requirement for entry into first grade.||Must be completed up to 6 months before starting TK/K.|
|DENTAL EXAMINATION||All TK & Kindergarteners need an oral health screening. Must be performed by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional.||Must be within the 12 months before starting TK or K or by 5/31 of the TK/K year.|
If you are unsure of your school attendance area, please click on the following link: