Pre-registration of children eligible for kindergarten in August of current year will be conducted on 1st Tuesday in February of the same year. You may pick up a pre-registration packet from our school office mid January of the same year.
According to the Kindergarten Readiness Act of 2010, to be eligible for Kindergarten a child must be five years of age on or before October 1st of enrollment year. Children who turn 5 between September 2nd and October 1st may be admitted to Kindergarten but may apply to attend transitional Kindergarten. Children who turn 5 between October 2nd and December 2nd should enroll in transitional Kindergarten.
Parents should bring the following documents with them:
- an original birth certificate or other official document with proof of the child’s birthdate;
- three original documents to verify where the child resides (one must be a photo ID). Sources may include:
◦ Current Real Estate Tax Bill
◦ Current Monthly Mortgage Statement or Coupon
◦ Signed and Dated Lease or Third Party Affidavit
◦ Current Home/Apartment Insurance Papers
◦ Drivers License and/or State ID
- a written immunization record from a health care provider indicating that all immunization requirements listed below have been met.
- completed school entry physical examination and dental examination.
|Polio (IVP)||Four (4) doses are required at any age. Three (3) doses are acceptable if #3 was given on or after the 4th birthday.|
(Diphtheria / Tetanus / acellular pertussis)
|Five (5) doses are required at any age. Four (4) doses are acceptable if #4 was given on or after the 4th birthday.|
(Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
|Two (2) doses are required; the first dose must be given on or after the first birthday.|
|Hepatitis B(HBV)||Three (3) doses are required at any age.|
|Varicella (VZV)(Chickenpox)||Two (2) doses are required or provider verified “had disease”. Parent verification NOT ACCEPTABLE. First dose must have been given on or after the 1st birthday.|
|Hepatitis A (HAV)||Recommended not required. Two (2) doses 6-18 months apart, after age 1.|
|PHYSICAL EXAMINATION||All TK & Kindergartners need to have a school entry physical examination as requirement for entry into first grade.||Must be completed up to 6 months before starting TK/K.|
|DENTAL EXAMINATION||All TK & Kindergarteners need an oral health screening. Must be performed by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional.||Must be within the 12 months before starting TK or K or by 5/31 of the TK/K year.|
If you are unsure of your school attendance area, please click on the following link: