SSC is responsible for the following:
- Developing, monitoring, and updating the Single Plan for Student Achievement– the document presented to and ratified by the School Board outlining the educational goals and objectives of Walnut Acres Elementary School. The current Plan focuses on goals in math, language arts, science, technology, and school climate.
- Approving the Single Plan budget.
- Addressing issues raised by parents and staff such as safety, resources, student achievement, and student conduct.
- Reviewing staff reports on curricular and extracurricular activities and parent reports on community activities and sentiments.
- Monthly Site Council Meetings are open to the community.
Click here for the 2012-2013 School Site Council Briefing PowerPoint version.
|2013 – 2014 Site Council Members|
|Staff Members||Parent Members|
|Dr. Colleen Dowd,
Annie Halverson – year 2
|Liz Hartman – year 1||
Leigh-Ann Andrada – year 1
|Robin Louchis – year 1||
Aramazd Dermardirosian – year 1
|Ellen Bellendir – year 2||
Sharon Lund – year 1
|Ellen Ireland – year 2||
James Wu – year 2
|Meeting Dates: (all meetings are 3-4:00pm in room A1 unless otherwise stated)9/5/13, 10/3/13, 11/7/13, 1/9/14, 2/6/14, 3/6/14, 4/3/14, 5/1/14|