Jaguar Day kicks off the start to a new school year……don’t miss it!
August 14, 2017
3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
COMPLETE THIS BACK TO SCHOOL CHECKLIST AND SKIP THE LINES ON JAGUAR DAY!
Emergency card information can now be updated on line through HomeLink. Complete this prior to August 13th and enjoy the express line for class assignment!
For editing and printing of necessary forms (PDF files), please download the PDF files to your computer – click on the link and a new window will open to the file. You may be able to edit from there and/or download then print.
Welcome to Jaguar Day 2018 and Back to School Checklist!!
Hello Walnut Acres Families,
We hope you had a wonderful summer! To help you prepare for the 2018-19 school year at Walnut Acres Elementary, we are trying something new. Starting today, you can complete most of your Jaguar Day checklist online! Use the checklist below to complete tasks online and skip the lines for Jaguar Fund, Spirit Wear, Yearbook, and Classroom Emergency Food Kits when you come to get your classroom assignments on Jaguar Day.
- Update MDUSD HomeLink
Go to HomeLink to update your address, phone numbers, and emergency contacts. Complete this task by August 13th to receive your child’s class assignment immediately at Jaguar Day.
Reminder: students must also have all required immunizations completed before you receive your child’s class assignment at Jaguar Day
2. New to Walnut Acres? Register on Konstella!
Konstella is our school’s communication tool for announcements and sign-ups, and it is our online directory. New families need to register! Go to: www.konstella.com and click “Find Your School” and enter “Walnut Acres” to register.
3. Donate to Jaguar Fund
New! You can donate to our Jaguar Fund online via Konstella with a credit card. The Jaguar Fund is our primary source of funds to bridge the gap between public funding and the true cost of our children’s education at Walnut Acres. The recommended amount per child is $650. Go to Jaguar Fund to make a lump-sum donation or set-up automatic monthly payments. If you prefer to pay by cash or check, you can do so on Jaguar Day. For more information on how the Jaguar Funds are used click here to go to the PFC website for information.
4. Purchase Spirit Wear and Classroom Emergency Food Kits
New! You can purchase Spirit Wear and pre-made Classroom Emergency Food Kits online via Konstella with a credit card. Go to Spirit Wear Sales and Classroom Emergency Food Kit Sales to purchase. If you prefer to pay by cash or check, you can do so on Jaguar Day. The last day to order Spirit Wear and Classroom Emergency Kits is Saturday, August 25.
5. Purchase the 2018-19 Yearbook
Order your 2018-19 Walnut Acres Yearbook at: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Our School Code is 10053. The price of the yearbook is $25 until October 31st. On November 1, 2018, the price increases to $35.
6. Attend Jaguar Day on August 14!
Receive your child’s class assignment, learn about PFC programs, activities, and fundraisers, and catch up with your friends! At Jaguar Day you can:
- Contribute to Jaguar Fund and purchase Classroom Emergency Food Kits, Spirit Wear, or Yearbooks, if you have not already done so online.
- Sign up for parent volunteer positions including Room Parent, Art Appreciation, Library, Teacher Appreciation, Auction, Buy-in Parties, and International Festival.
- Find out about After School Music Classes, Enrichment Programs, CUYT Theater Productions, Girl and Boy Scout programs, the Sustainability Club, and more.
- Enroll students in Walnut Acres Children’s Center Before/After School Program.
Paying by Check? If you plan to pay by check at Jaguar Day, please note that you may be writing three checks at Jaguar Day – one for your donations to the Jaguar Fund, one for the purchase of Spirit Wear and one for Classroom Emergency Food Kits. The Yearbooks are available online only, and the Order Center requires a credit card payment.
JAGUAR DAY SCHEDULE
Tuesday, August 14 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Your Jaguar Day experience begins at the Multi-Use Room (MUR) entrance on Wiget Lane. To keep the lines manageable please arrive during your assigned time:
Last Names A-G: 3:00 – 4:00 pm
Last Names H-N: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Last Names O-Z: 5:00 – 6:00 pm
All (A-Z): 6:00 – 6:30 pm
Class assignment pick-up ends at 6:30; other activities end at 7:00
|Jill Ridlehoover||Kristin Shopp||Brooke Giddings|
|PFC President||PFC VP of Activities||PFC VP Communications|
Volunteers must complete fingerprinting and TB tests (below are the instructions)
Fingerprinting and TB Test
For the safety of our children, ALL school volunteers are required to be fingerprinted and get a TB test
Pick up a Fingerprint Form from the office or download here ( the PDF file must be downloaded to your computer for editing and printing.) Note: note there is a $32 charge to have this done.
- Contact your physician for a TB test OR you can go to the following two labs on a drop-in basis to complete the TB test. At the lab, let them know you are getting this done for Mt. Diablo School District (the cost will be $20). Allow for the 48 hour reading requirement (you will have to return to the lab for the test reading).
- Concord: 2231 Galaxy Court 685-7744 Test available everyday Mon – Fri from 7am – 7pm, Sat 9am-2pm. No TB after 2 pm on Thursdays.
- Walnut Creek: 1981 N. Broadway, Suite 190 932-7715 Test available everyday Mon – Fri, from 8am – 5pm
- Contact the District at 682-8000, ext. 4153 to schedule your fingerprint appointment. If you get voicemail, leave a message and someone will get back to you within the day. You can also try “0” and the District operator may be able to connect you to another extension.
- You MUST bring the Fingerprint Form and your TB test results to your appointment. For the form line stating “fieldtrip/classroom”, please fill in Walnut Acres School and your volunteer involvement at the school.
MDUSD Personnel Office is located at 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord
- Please note you only need to be fingerprinted through the District ONCE but every FOUR years you must submit a new TB test. If your TB test has expired, please update and turn that information into the school.
- If you are unclear of your fingerprinting or TB status, please check in with Walnut Acres office.
Thank You for being a fabulous Walnut Acres Volunteer!
Download a copy of the School Supply List
Update Emergency Information on HomeLink:
In August you should have received a letter in the mail that invited you to participate in “MDUSD HomeLink”. Please be sure to create your account following the instructions in the letter using the unique permanent ID number and verification code provided to you. Once you have created the account you will need to follow each step to complete the online process and you will receive a confirmation of completion. The school office will also receive this confirmation so you do not need to print and bring the confirmation note on Jaguar Day but can keep if for your records. Creating this account will reduce your class assignment queue time on Jaguar Day. You have to complete this process before midnight on August 17th to access the “express” class assignment pick-up line on Jaguar Day. If for some reason you are unable to, or choose not to create the account, a hard copy packet will be provided for you on Jaguar Day. Please allow extra time to complete the paperwork.
Fill Emergency Preparedness Form:
Please click on Emergency Preparedness Form link. You will be directed to Walnut Acres PFC website with information regarding filling in the form. Please bring a printed copy of the Emergency Preparedness Form to Jaguar Day.
Review the Student Handbook