School Site Council Meeting Minutes
October 4, 2018 3-4:00 p.m. Faculty Room
Colleen Dowd, Cathy Canillas, Dara Buzzard, Libby Ritthaler, KellyRose Jenson
Note Taker: Cathy Canillas
Dr. Dowd led training on the purpose and function of SSC
Minutes for September
Approved unanimously. Libby made a motion to approve. Dara seconded.
- ELAC—(Liz was out sick) Dowd reviewed the notes provided by Liz regarding ELAC Responsibilities.
- Meeting criteria of 30 minutes, five days a week.
- Different strategies are in place for our English Learners and Special Education programs.
- 12 different languages are primary in the home other than English (25 students, 4% of total enrollment).
- Reviewed criteria for reclassification.
- Discussion on the importance of attendance.
- Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) due November
- Review of Annual Evaluation
- Goals 1-3
- Review, discussion and feedback for each goal
- Goals, Actions, Expenditures
- Parent/Teacher/Student survey will be sent out. Incentive for students to encourage parents to complete the survey.
Meeting Adjourned at 4:09 pm