The District states that an EXCUSED ABSENCE is defined as:
- Illness or injury of the student which necessitates the absence of the student. This does not include absence due to illness or injury of the parents, siblings, or child of the student. It refers to the student only.
- Student attendance at a medical, dental, optometric, counseling (for mental or emotional issues) or chiropractic appointment. The appointment must be for the student, not for any other person.
- Student attendance at the funeral service of an immediate family member. Family member is defined as; mother, father, brother, sister, grandparent, any other relative living in the immediate household. Aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins are not immediate family members unless they live in the same household. Funeral excused absences are limited to no more than one day for a funeral within California and three days for a funeral outside of the State.
- To obtain required immunizations
- Exclusion from school i.e. head lice, lack of immunizations or physical examinations.
- Appearance in court
- Observance of a holiday or ceremony of his/her religion
To report an excused absence for your child as stated above, please complete one of the following:
- Call (925) 682-8000 x7242 or
- Send an email using form below. Please include Child’s full name, date of absence and reason for absence.
All absences for any reason not included under excused absences should be defined as unexcused. A family trip is not a reason to excuse a child from school
A student is tardy when he/she arrives at school after 7:55 when school has begun. An excused tardy is defined as medical, dental, optometric, counseling or chiropractic appointments.
Note: Please read letter from Contra Costa County District Attorney regarding attendance. Adobe Reader is required to view letter.
— If you are unable to see the form below, please try using a different browser such as Safari, Firefox or Chrome.